Estate Probate Admininstration

We serve clients statewide and are fully prepared to help you with your legal concerns.

Discover the Birmingham Probate Lawyers of Cornelius & Talley, P.C.

In the event a Last Will and Testament was executed, there is often a need to open or probate an estate. This is a petition process through the court where the will is given validation and legal effect. Once this occurs, the provisions of the will are carried out in accordance with the law. 

On the other hand, if someone should die without having made a will, a different petition process called an administration would be filed in probate court. This process becomes even more complicated and often requires legal assistance and experience in order to distribute property and assets to the decedent’s next of kin.

The Importance of Having an Experienced Probate Attorney on Your Side

Whether probating an estate or filing for administration, correctly marshaling the estate assets, according to law, is imperative. If you’ve been named an executor or personal representative on a loved one’s will, you may have very little, if any, experience navigating through the legal system. 

Unfortunately, this can make going through the probate process extremely difficult, and believe it or not, even put you at risk of being held liable to creditors as well as heirs of the estate. This is exactly why most wills are drafted allowing you to hire an attorney to help you through the process.

Schedule a Consultation with Our Probate Lawyers Today 


Taking on probate court and settling an estate during a time of grieving is hard enough. At Cornelius and Tally, we strive to take the unneeded stress out of the process. As experienced probate lawyers, we’ll be by your side to help you get through this process, and hopefully, make it just a little bit easier on you. We’ll be here to guide you every step of the way from probating the estate to the final settlement.


If you’d like to discuss your needs with one of our attorneys, fill out the form below or give us a call at (205) 977-9911